5 Ways to Spruce up Your Salad
Wednesday, 28 February 2018
Eating healthy can really seem like a chore at times. It’s easy to fall into a “salad rut” when you’re munching on the same bland bowl of lettuce every day. We have some great ideas to take a boring salad and mix it up! It’s easy to get you’re your daily suggested servings of veggies each day when you start making tastier salads.
Here are 5 Ideas to help you get out of your salad rut:
- Taco Salad- Making a great Taco Salad is easy. Start with a base of mixed greens of your choosing, add taco meat, beans, salsa, corn, cheese, black olives, tomatoes, avocado, and top with some crushed up tortilla chips!
- Caesar Salad Wrap- Caesar salad is a classic, but it can get boring. To change things up, try making a salad wrap. Get a tortilla, and inside put romaine lettuce, chicken breast, parmesan cheese, pepper, croutons, and drizzle your Caesar dressing over it. Roll up your tortilla, and now you have a delicious wrap!
- Southwest Salad- To make a great Southwest salad start with your greens. In sections, add avocado, cheddar cheese, tomato, black beans, corn, grilled chicken, and bacon bits. Squirt with some lime juice and add your favorite salad dressing.
- Crispy Chicken Salad- This salad is easy to customize! All you need are some greens, your favorite salad toppings, and chicken nuggets! Cut your crispy nuggets into small pieces and add to your salad.
- Classic Veggie Salad- A classic veggie salad may sound boring, but if you add super foods to your salad, your body won’t think so! Super foods are nutrient powerhouses that are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Some great superfoods to add to your salad are mushrooms, tomato, broccoli, carrots, black beans, spinach, and olives!
These are just a few options, but salads are customizable and easy to create. Just get creative, and don’t be afraid to try something new!